Recent generally accepted auditing standards were written to improve the quality of risk-based financial statement audits, audit reporting, and required by-product communications. This course will discuss the important clarifications and enhancements intended to improve audit quality to ensure better compliance with requirements contained in SAS Nos. 134-145.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Key changes to audit report elements intended to improve the understandability of the nature and results of financial statement audits
- Enhanced required by-product communications with management and those charged with governance to promote more reliable financial statements
- Clarifications related to obtaining sufficient and appropriate audit evidence, including significant unusual transactions, related parties, going concern uncertainty, and accounting estimates
- New definitions and requirements related to identifying and evaluating risks of material misstatement
- Other important matters contained in SAS Nos. 134-145
Who will benefit:
Anyone with financial statement audit responsibilities