In this module, we will explore some technology tools that are currently used in the field of accounting, including some exciting and emerging technologies. You may be familiar with some of these terms while others may be quite new. During this module, you will also have an opportunity to learn some practical applications of accounting software.
- Identify key factors that drive the accounting technology needs of an organization.
- Distinguish between internal and external accounting requirements for public and private companies.
- Define cloud computing, its risks and benefits, and accounting applications most suitable.
- Differentiate between artificial intelligence and machine learning and explain how current developments are impacting accounting processes.
- Explain robotic process automation and the opportunities it creates within accounting and finance functions.
- Identify the accounting decisions required to establish an entity’s accounting ledger (e.g., fiscal year-end, the basis of accounting, entity structure).
- Use accounting software to generate internal and external financial reports.
Who Should Attend:
- New professionals within the accounting profession.
- Professionals looking for a refresher in accounting technology tools, concepts, and application.
Additional Course Information:
This self-paced module is a part of The Ohio Society of CPAs Workforce Development: Upskilling & Reskilling the Accounting Profession Technical Skills bundle. We encourage you to explore each of these courses as a part of your professional development plan. If interested in purchasing the entire bundle, refer to the related products below the product description.