Latest News

Financial planning news from around the web: December 2 – 6, 2019

Written on Dec 3, 2019

Getting tech right in a financial planning practice
Cloud Solutions. File management systems. Customer records management. Four CPA/PFSs talk about what systems a financial planning practice need and how to get these programs to communicate seamlessly.

Robos were expected to overtake planning. Here’s what actually happened
After almost a decade’s worth of predictions that robo advisors would storm the advice industry, the technology is still struggling to gain adoption among RIAs.

99% of Americans don’t use a financial advisor — here’s why
A survey shows that only 1% of those polled use a financial advisor. The remaining 99% said they either do it themselves, have their spouse, parent or someone other than a financial advisor handle it for them or didn’t answer. There are many reasons people don’t get professional financial help.

Their child has special needs. Here’s how they’re planning for a lifetime of assistance
A new survey shows that special needs families’ top concern is what will happen to their children when the parents are no longer living. It’s the type of challenge that calls for a financial plan. But crafting one isn’t as easy as plugging a diagnosis into a financial-planning model.

Tech Corner — How to set up and optimize your wireless router for the best Wi-Fi performance
Follow these simple steps for configuring your router and wireless network the right way.

Related Upcoming Events