Latest News

Tax and financial planning news from around the web: May 9 – 13, 2022

Written on May 13, 2022

How to amend Form 1040 and submit Form 1040-X 
To fix errors on form 1040, filers need to submit a separate Form 1040-X. Get the guidance you need on how to submit 1040-X, how the IRS might respond and other considerations, such as filing a state's version of the 1040-X and what forms are right for freelance workers. 

How fintech is disrupting tax 
A shift is happening in the marketplace as fintech takes on tax. Start-up tech companies have entered the tax space looking to level the playing field, bringing more higher-end services to everyone while delivering them better, cheaper, faster and with more transparency. Fintech is what connects all those things.