Manager, Accounting and Auditing Learning
The Ohio Society of CPAs seeks a Manager, Accounting & Auditing (A&A) Learning to manage a broad suite of learning products and services for CPAs working in A&A roles and support our mission of fostering CPA professional excellence. Our learning programs consist of 160+ seminars, 30+ conferences, 80+ webcasts, 150 on-demand programs including micro-learning, 60+ contract training programs and custom-designed blended programs.
From managing a robust learning portfolio to developing new, needs-based products, you’ll have the
opportunity to demonstrate your grasp of business and professional learning in a fast-paced and
evolving work environment.
The ideal candidate will manage activities and processes for learning needs identification, curriculum design, instructional design, program design, subject matter expert recruitment and coaching, and learning delivery-channel selection (seminars, conferences, sessions, workshops, on-demand, webcast, etc.). This is a management position responsible for working with staff, advisory groups, and subject matter experts on the planning, execution and development of profitable, high-quality professional development and learning activities that participants, members, and companies value and support.
The successful professional will join a recently reorganized learning department focused on providing innovative learning programs that drive greater value to a diverse community of CPAs and accounting professionals.
- Manage a learning portfolio including infrastructure for needs identification, curriculum design,
instructional design, program design, subject matter expert recruitment and coaching, and
learning channel selection.
- Conduct research and scan the environment and competitive marketplace to monitor learning
needs and identify opportunities to grow and update assigned portfolio.
- Identify and recruit experts to serve on our advisory taskforce, ensuring OSCPA leverages a depth and breadth of expertise from the marketplace.
- Manage taskforce resources to drive identification of relevant trends, topics, content leaders,
segment needs and learning objectives.
- Establishes learning curriculum(s) for portfolio segments and work with Learning Director &
Operations Team in design and implementation.
- Identify and recruit subject matter experts (SMEs) to design, develop, and deliver learning
activities, programs, products, and/or services.
- Work with SMEs to refine the target audiences learning need(s), and most appropriate delivery
- Lead and coach SMEs to incorporate adult learning principles and practices to increase the value and effectiveness of learning programs.
- Selects and maximizes learning distribution channels (seminars, conferences, workshops,
webcasts, webinars, on-demand, micro-learning, other/new.).
- Review data from subject matter expert evaluations, and product performance metrics and
drive appropriate actions to continue to move the learning function forward.
- Monitor asynchronous courses in assigned portfolio for relevance, expiration date, or updates needed (ex. on-demand learning products).
- Ensure compliance with national and state continuing professional education regulations.
Assigned Portfolios & Segment Examples:
- Public Accounting Audience Segments (non-tax)
- Audit/Assurance Services
- Financial Accounting & Reporting (e.g. FASB, GASB, SSAE)
- Specialized Knowledge (Fraud, COSO, Mergers & Acquisition, etc.)
- Specialty Segments (e.g. Employee Benefit Plans, Healthcare, Governmental, Non-Profit)
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent educational experience is required.
- Three, or more, years of experience in working with SMEs to understand learner needs and partnering to develop content and programs.
- Three, or more, years of experience incorporating learning practices and SME coaching into multiple delivery channels (synchronous, asynchronous, and blended) and learning depth (information, application, etc.).
- Demonstrated progressively more responsible management of educational events and learning programs.
- Ability to analyze and understand complex and diverse segments and proactively design responses to meet market demands.
- Superior organizational and communication skills (oral and written) are required. Must be able to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of people, lead one-one-one and small group discussions, and drive difficult conversations to successful outcomes. Must communicate and manage effectively in an environment experiencing constant disruption to fundamental business models.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, track deadlines & milestones and communicate status while also being attentive to details.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current Windows operating systems, current Microsoft Office products, and general knowledge of customer database applications.
- Available for mostly in-state travel, some evenings and some weekends.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment; maintaining a professional presence and representing OSCPA at learning events.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send resume, and salary requirements to Tiffany Crosby, CPA, MBA, CTP, CGMA, director, learning, The Ohio Society of CPAs, at TCrosby@ohiocpa.com.