3 Ohio firms among ‘Best to Work For’

Written on Aug 10, 2017

By Jessica Salerno, OSCPA content manager

Three Ohio firms earned national recognition this week through their inclusion in the Accounting Today “2017 Best Accounting Firms to Work For” list.

Cassady Schiller CPAs & Advisors of Cincinnati, Skoda Minotti of Mayfield Village and William Vaughan Co. of Maumee were among the 100 firms listed from across the country.

The magazine used a two-part evaluation process. The first part, which was worth 25% of the total score, examined companies’ policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. The rest – 75% – was an employee survey to measure experience.

The fact that most of the score depended on employee results wasn’t lost on Sharon Trabbic, COO at William Vaughan, who cited the firm’s flexibility as popular with staff.

“Our leadership team thinks we’re a great place to work, and for our employees to concur is amazing,” Trabbic said. “We strive to be good communicators and let people know what’s going on as much as we can.”

Mike Clark, CPA, managing partner at Cassady Schiller CPAs & Advisors, said over the years the firm has made a concerted effort to embrace a vibrant company culture, through efforts such as creating a fun committee and emphasizing the importance of changing with the times. He listed the firm’s transition to four workdays a week during the summer and a “dress for your day” policy as evidence of this shift in thinking.

“We’re always trying to keep a positive work environment and positive culture,” Clark said.

Skoda Minotti’s efforts to bolster its culture include partners making breakfast during tax season, ice cream socials, annual golf outings and afternoons where the entire firm volunteers for charity.

“I think it’s important that the culture we’ve created allows our employees to be the most productive,” said Cary Chaitoff, director of marketing at Skoda Minotti. “We’re always doing things to promote good culture which leads to higher employee satisfaction and eventually to higher retention.”

2 comments

Leave a comment
  1. calvin | Dec 14, 2017
    Key data. Lucky me I found your site your article is greatly glorious and I have taken a huge measure of things like it. godaddy hosting $1
  2. Alan C Wilson CPA | Aug 17, 2017
    Congratulations.

    Leave a comment